Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Oops

I'm a bad blogger. I have no excuse. I just haven't felt like blogging. ::hangs head in shame::

I really don't think I have much to talk about though still. Let's see...

The pregnancy is going along well (as far as I know). My only symptomsare still just extreme tiredness and a pretty consistant uncomfortableness in my stomach. It's not cramping per se. It's more like a cross between gas pain, nausea (without the actual feeling of needing to throw up), and hunger (without being hungry). It's uncomfortable. But I'm definitely happy that's all I have. ::knocks wood::

I'm looking for a new doctor. The doctor I'm with is very good and very nice, but the practice he's with is just too large for me. I need a smaller, more intimate environment where I feel that the entire staff is knowledgeable and that I'm not just a number. Plus, Dr. Nice doesn't deliver at the hospital close to my house. So, Mike and I went to a health fair at the hospital close to our house. It's a new hospital and not very busy at this point. Tons of practices had booths set up and doctors available to talk with. We found three ob/gyn practices that I'm going to look into next week. They are all 3-4 doctors and looked like much more of what I want. One doctor I talked to is actually leaving the practice he's been with because his other partners are joining the ginormous practice I'm currently with. He doesn't like the hugeness either. (Mind you, he did not come out and say that, but it was implied. When I said, "I am looking for a smaller practice. The one I'm with now is just too big." He replied, "You must be with "insert name of largest practice ever"." "Yeah," I answered. He nodded knowingly.) Good to know that even doctors think that the practice is ridiclously large.

Mike has decided he wants to be an air traffic controller. He's been looking into it for a good month now and has found a school in Washington state he wants to go to. It works out really well because the school I want to get my Master's in is in WA as well. The scary thing is that according to some research he's done, he must be done with school and hired by the time he's 31. That's only 4 years away. The program is 2 years long. So, we're going to have to move sometime in the next two years. This scares me because I don't know what the housing market will be at the time. I'm hoping that we will at least be able to get what we paid for the house. As it is, we're very upside down on it. ::sigh:: C'est la vie.

Alright, I'll stop now. I say I have nothing to write about and here ends one of my longest, most rambling posts.

Do you guys have any exciting life changing plans happening soon? How do you deal with the anxiety it causes?

2 comments:

Sabrina Horton said...

Ya for Washington State! I hope everything works out. Big life changes are scarey. I just try to remember that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

Conflicted Dreams said...

I'm really excited for you -- just try to focus on the positive and how much fun it will be. I'm starting to get to the point where I would like to get out of here -but, it is not the right time nor do we have any idea where we'd like to go or what we'd like to do if we ever got there.... And, we disagree about where that would be in the first place... But just think about it as a brand new adventure that will be new and stimulating instead of the same stuff... And we'll all cross our fingers about selling the house :) Hopefully things will change for the better!!