Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 14, 2008

LIVID

So, the school district just announced what our school budget would be for the year. We were all dreading this as there was a HUGE education cut this year. The total: $30,000. That's it. To keep a school running for an entire year. Our school has 878 kids. That equals out to $34.17/student. That includes the normal things like paper, pencils, erasers, etc... It also includes toilet paper, paper towels, soap, etc. This $30,000 is supposed to cover ink and toner costs for an entire year as well. Do you have any idea how much toner costs?! I'm so angry and upset right now, I can't even type anymore. I hate our government.

1 comment:

v said...

I know how you feel. Tuition keeps rising. The fees I pay keep rising. And, yet, my pay does not. They cut the band and the Oral History Project here. Don't even get me started on Defense funds.