Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 12, 2008

Made it through. How about you?

Haha, my title rhymes! That's about as poetic as I get folks so don't expect any more.

As the title says, I made it through the day. It started off very badly, with me getting to work about a half hour late and my sub already being there. I had to drop off my plans and then, since I was there, she asked me all sorts of questions. Ugh! Just let me get to my meeting.

Soooo, I finally got away from there, gathered up my things for my meeting, and scooted off to where I THOUGHT I was supposed to be. Apparently, there had been a change of venue and no one seemed to know where that was. So, I wandered around the school for awhile (all the time hoping none of my students would see me) and finally tracked everyone down. Grrr.

Overall, the meeting was good. Productive and fun. Since it was a group of women, the question went around "How was your Mother's Day?" I was fine with it as most of the women there know I don't have kids, but I felt a pang of concern for my principal. She lost her son about six months ago and I can only imagine that yesterday was hard for her. I wish I had the strength to tell her that I'm sorry for her loss, but I just don't feel that it's my place. But I just wanted to change the subject as soon as possible.

I will leave you today with a picture of Chiisai. 'Cause he always makes me smile. :D



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad your meeting went well. Thanks for the picture of Chisaii. He makes us smile too!