Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Um, yeah, I guess

So, Halloween is also Nevada Day. Yes, this great state I live in was "born" on October 31st. The great thing about this is that I don't have to work on the last Friday of October. Yahoo! This year, that day fell on the day before Halloween so of course, all the kids were super excited (as was I).

Anyway, to try to get them to understand that we don't have HALLOWEEN off but NEVADA DAY, we study about our state symbols.

We learn about:

The state tree: The pinion pine for those not in the know.


Our state bird: The mountain bluebird


Our amazing state "flower": Sagebrush (just so you all know, this is what dries up and becomes tumbleweeds. Fabulous.)

And finally, our state animal: The Desert Bighorn Sheep.

It's this last one that is the subject of today's post (took me long enough to get to the point, eh?) So, we're reading our story in our small group and we get to the bighorn sheep page. We read the little blurb about the sheep and look at the picture. One of my kids gets all excited and calls out "Oooooh, like a Dodge!" ??? Then it connects. He has connected the ram horns with a Dodge Ram truck.

Score another one for Consumer America. *sigh*

I couldn't do anything but smile and say "yep."

2 comments:

Shanny said...

LOL
Gotta love it!

Rotten said...

Ahhhh. Our future leaders!