Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 9, 2010

A problem with children's books (Part 2)


I love this book.  Really, I do.  I actually love this series of books.  We found the Shapes and Numbers books at the library and have checked them out twice now.  What I love about these books is that they use real life objects to show where things appear in every day life.  This has helped me work with Bridget's vocabulary while having fun.

 "What color is the flower?"

Why yes, it's red!  And see the other great examples?  They're all labeled as well.  It's so great!

Then you go thorough blue and green and yellow.

Then, there's the last page.

What color is the...orange?

Well duh, it's orange!  We had to show an orange AND orange juice?  Has no one ever heard of a carrot?

No comments: